Monday, November 2, 2009

Life goes on

Canning season has come and gone. I canned hundreds of bottles of various items. Halloween is now over YAY! I put the costumes and Halloween decorations away. I often wonder how much money people spend on costumes every year. I tend to be very cheap in this area and recycle costumes or I pick them up at 2nd hand shops. This year I purchased a Minnie Mouse costume for my 5 year old daughter. I picked it up at "Savers". I spent a whopping $4.00 on the costume. She loved it!
Another great way to save money I've found is freecycle. Just go to www.freecycle.org, put in your city and sign up! People give away so much! Even in these hard economic times we are still so blessed to live in such and abundant country. I recently showed my oldest daughter, who is planning on getting married next year, the joys of freecycle. Her and her fiance have made it their goal to furnish their entire apartment off of items they receive on freecycle. I think they can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment